Saturday, August 09, 2008

merry-go-round???

Jeeze Louise!

I finally decide to move closer to work. then news comes that makes that decision a moot point.
It maybe that my company is going to relocate. Not exactly sure where, but perhaps closer to my apartment.
Now I am in a wait and see position. Again.
Sometimes I really wonder about why it is I make a decision after CAREFULLY weighing the pluses and minuses, research the locations, do a financial schematic of the checks and values of such a move..... and all for a "wait! not totally there yet!"

GRRRRR

I was looking forward to this too. Canal Side Lofts would have been wonderful!
I like the community and the area. Places to ride my bike and lots of area to let my dog run and play with me. A community that was 3 blocks from work. I could have parked my truck and lessened my need of fuel by WALKING to work or riding my bike.
I had already planned on being home more with Jambalaya and meeting new people in my neighbor hood. I was looking forward to it. REALLY looking forward to it.

Now I wait, possibly until March of '09, until the truth and decision is made for my work location.
My lease ends here on January 31,2009.
I do not want to pay month to month because that avenue is expensive.
I don't want to sign another contract either. I have a choice of 6 months or 12 months. I wanted a place that had amenities that were FUN. THe place I live in a fantastic. It is quiet (mostly retired folks here) and has a wonderful look to the grounds. Very close to Addison Circle.
Canal Side Lofts had this as entertainment:

Outdoor Features & Amenities

  • Main Event Sports Bar, bank of Plasma TVs
  • Pool Table and Foosball
  • Hi-Def Movie Experience Theater
  • Critic’s Corner Outdoor Theater
  • Multi-Player "Live" Gaming Center
  • Ring Side, Full-Size Boxing Ring
  • Indoor Basketball Court
  • Cardio Focused Workout Facility
  • Strength Training Center
  • Urban Garden with Water Features, Outdoor Fireplace and "Self" Space
  • Infinity Edge Heated Pool with Eclectic Lighting
  • Wi-Fi Hot Spots at Pool, Clubhouse and Urban Garden
  • DSL & Cable Broadband Internet
  • Controlled Access
  • On-site "Suds" Room
  • Multi-Level Parking Garages
  • Canal, Pool and Urban Garden Views
  • A Whole Lotta "Club" House
  • Highly functional
  • Highly entertaining
  • You’re sure to find a venue that meets your desire and the urban beat of Las Colinas is at your feet
Where I live now has 2 tennis courts, a pool and a hot tub.
They do NO resident activities at all. No meet and greets except for 1 time a year and usually I am working during the event.
The office isn't even friendly anymore.
No secured access. I don't like that anymore.
I live right behind Qurum Park and that is pretty, but there is NO PLACE TO LET MY DOG RUN!!!

I normally am patient on stuff. Changing like the wind when I need to.
This time I am disappointed.
I really was enthused about Canal Side Lofts.

Okay so there IS light at the end of a day:

Symphonic Saturdays


8/2/2008, 8:00 PM to
8/23/2008, 10:00 PM

Official Summer Series Website

When: August 2, 9, 16, 23, 2008 8 pm – 10pm

Where: Esplanade Park, Between Quorum Drive & The Dallas Parkway, Addison, Texas

What: Enjoy summer evenings under the stars in the beautiful Addison Circle Esplanade Park!

Listen to live music from Dallas Wind Symphony and Richardson Symphony Orchestra while you picnic or dine in one of the great Addison Circle restaurants.

Cost: FREE

2008 SYMPONIC SATURDAYS SCHEDULE

August 2nd - Dallas Wind Symphony - Saxophone Quartet

August 9th - Richardson Symphony Orchestra - 16 Piece String Ensemble

August 16th - Dallas Wind Symphony - Tuba Quartet

August 23rd - Richardson Symphony Orchestra - Brass Quintet

Think I will go tonight and enjoy it. I wonder If I can take my dog......

No comments: