Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sunshine and music

It is interesting that standing in sunlight and closing my eyes can bring songs to my mind and joy to my heart.
The wind whistles by my ears and caresses my skin in small tender and teasing touches.
The call of string on my fingertips and the sight of colors that dance in the sky above me. I am not really flying my kites with this image...but I am dancing in the air.
The kite is an extension of the self due to the connecting strings.
The pull of the wind as I make a turn that is fast and sharp...and then the successful steadiness as I find the steady stream of touch.
The wind lifts my colors as it does my heart.
It isn't that I am fighting the directive winds...but learning to dance in them. To feel the joy and the peace like nothing else can bring me.
The songs are from memories as a child. The laughter I felt while climbing trees and walking in grass. The wave of my hand up to the sky because the wind was better at carrying my arm in that upward direction.

If you have not flown a kite in a while, or ever tried it, I would recommend it. There is peace in the actions of holding on to the strings and just watching how it dances in the air and in the sunshine.
A connection that is slight and yet strong.

Think about it.

No comments: