Saturday, May 13, 2006

For Momma

Every year I write a poem for you , Momma.

The times have been so full of wonder and amazement in learning how to be and all the times you let me get to what I needed to be.

I understand the mirade of emotions you felt when I told you of grandchildren.
The miracle of seeing my baby having a baby/babies.
The remembered fears that only you could put to rest.
The questions I had at ALL hours of the day and your willingness to talk to me about ALL of them.

Momma, for this Mother's Day 2006
THIS is your poem:

There was wonder when I opened my eyes
there you stood above me
reaching with your eyes
your smile
your hands

Finding this small child looking up to you
you never failed to take notice
laughter in your voice
singing with your voice
praising with your voice

I wandered many trails as a small human
you always had the door open
waiting for my questions
giving advice
giving love

Momma
There is no other that carries my heart like you do
generation to generation
I learned how to be human because of you.


Momma.....I hope to be like you
with the small ones that come
and grow
and go


Thank you Momma for teaching me
For believing in me
For being there
being here now
and being who you are.


Circe Rexene
5/12/06

No comments: