Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Uncle Leroy Adney

May you rest peacefully.
You passed on 5/29/06 @ 4:30 PM after a stroke 3 days ago.
I got the call from my Daddy.

I remember such wonderful childhood 4th of July celebrations. The truckbed was loaded with all kinds of fireworks! Watching you balance on your finger tips like a table while letting all of the kids try to make you fall. Listening to you preach when it wasn't welcomed....but I loved you anyway.

You were the last of my Daddy's brothers. He has only his sister Aunt Neat and his Uncle Jay (my great uncle of 98) left now. There are cousins a plenty...but these are the LAST of the adults that tried to teach us 'things'.

You landed on Normandy on D-Day. YOU took the time to teach me how to shoot a gun behind my Daddy's wishes too.

May you find your friends from the wars waiting for you.
May you find your belief in God was as strong as you needed to be by your saviours side.

Rest in Peace Uncle Leroy.

Silent peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

**sniffl**